Orange yoghurt cake
This recipe is something unique and different but it is delicious and loved by the children!
For a standard sized cake
- 75 g salted butter, at room temperature (Dairy)
- 175 g caster sugar
- 225 g self-raising flour (Gluten)
- 3 large eggs (Egg)
- 2 oranges, 3 zested and juiced, 3 peeled and the zest cut into strips
- 5 tbsp natural yogurt (Dairy)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/gas mark 4. Put the butter, sugar, flour and eggs in a bowl and, using an electric hand mixer, beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in the orange zest, juice and the yogurt.
- Spoon the mixture into a deep 20cm cake tin, lightly greased and lined with baking parchment. Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out, remove the paper and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil, add the sliced orange zest and boil for 1 minute until the zest starts to soften. Dry on kitchen paper. Once the cake has cooled, dust with icing sugar and decorate with the strips of orange zest.
Orange Yoghurt Cake recipe